Theoretical talk about the recycling of materials, circularity, green construction, etc. will not exist in the same way in five years. Until then, you act and build according to sustainable principles and tools. Both those that are given by legislation, but equally those that will in the future become a competitive parameter in relation to winning projects.
REVIT MEP TRAINING COURSES WITH SYMETRI
Who’s it for?
The Revit MEP Essentials course is designed for those who have used Revit Architecture and want a comprehensive overview of how the program functions and how they can better use it in their given industries.
This course is advantageous for Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing based companies. Also, users who are trying to develop their skills further.
We have designed the course in way to cover all the major tools and systems in Revit, as well as common pitfalls or issues students may face. The goal is to create a solid foundation from which students can build upon.
It is required to have prior knowledge of Revit Architecture, to be able to benefit from this course.4
WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
Revit MEP Essentials online training will cover the user interface and the basic HVAC, electrical, and piping/plumbing components of Revit MEP.
It is a detailed course which delves into the deeper side of these categories and gives an in-depth view on how to create the components and model them correctly within Revit.
This course gives a great insight into how to correctly start an MEP model using Central model and worksets and shows how wok through the entire lifecycle of a model.
Time is spent to properly explain the rationale behind why we may use certain tools, the benefits and disadvantages of certain techniques, and the various ways we can achieve our deliverable within Revit.
Our groups are less than 5 which means each student gets total focus and attention from the instructor and allows for a strong two-way dialogue between the instructor and students.
BENEFITS AND LEARNING AIMS
- Complete MEP workflows Faster and efficiently
- Improve Revit MEP Modelling
- Gain knowledge to Coordinate MEP designs
- Gain a greater understanding on how to manipulate MEP drawings and models
Project Set Up
- Preparing an architectural model
- Linking an architectural model
- Copying/Monitoring levels
- Generating Views
- View Templates
- Setting up coordinates/coordinating linked project
Work Sharing and Worksets
- Creating a central file
- Opening a local file
- Changing workset editing status
- Simulating a worksharing scenario
- Creating new worksets
- Moving elements onto worksets
- Controlling the visibility of worksets
Heating and Cooling Loads
- Defining spaces and zones
- Defining heating and cooling load settings
- Running heating and cooling load calculations
Duct (HVAC) Systems
- Placing HVAC equipment
- Creating a duct system
- Generating ducts and duct placeholders
- Using duct/pipe sizing tools
Fire Protection Systems
- Add fire Protection equipment
- Create a Fire Protection System
- Automatically generate Fire Protection Layout
- Adding plumbing fixtures
- Transferring project standard
- Creating a plumbing system
- Creating sloped pipework
- Adding mechanical equipment
- Creating new pipe systems
- Modifying pipework
- Adding, editing and removing insulation
- Adding electrical lighting fixtures, switches and electrical panels
- Generating a power and switch circuit and wires
- Generating Containment layouts and conduit
- Creating a panel schedule
- Creating a schedule
- Editing, formatting and sorting a schedule
- Calculating totals
- Creating new filters
- Adding items to filters
- Controlling the visibility of filter
Detailing and Drafting
- Section, detail and drafting views
- Generating views
- Add tags, text, symbols and dimensions
- Preparing sheets
- Creating reference planes
- Adding parameter
- Adding connectors
- Adding materials and identity properties
Revit training courses are broken down into 5 sessions and to complete this course, you will need to attend 5 online sessions and each session is two hours long. Candidates will receive a Certificate of Completion from Autodesk.
As an Autodesk Platinum partner and Autodesk authorised training centre, we provide a wide range of training options to give you the knowledge and skills to ensure that you achieve the best from your Autodesk solution.