Autodesk Revit 2018 software includes new features that strengthen support for multidiscipline design extending to fabrication detailing and construction. Freeing users to focus on design rather than on their software, Revit automates more workflows and simplifies painful multi-step processes
Here are some of key Architecture enhancements focused on in Revit 2018:
- Multistory Stair Feature: You can now create stair towers quickly by attaching stairs to the levels in your project. When level heights change, stairs automatically adjust to match. Multistory stairs greatly simplifies the process of creating complex stair towers in multistory buildings.
- Enhanced Railings: When using railings, you will benefit from several new enhancements; Railings can be added to an entire multistory stair tower with a single click. Railings will be grouped with their host stairs according to level heights and unwanted railings can be deleted, and new ones can be sketched in their place. Easier sketching and more hosting options make working with railings easier and more powerful than ever!
- Coordination Model: When project data includes Navisworks NWD and NDC files, you can now link these models into your Revit projects for coordination purposes. This exciting new functionality also allows for any file formats that are supported by Navisworks to be included within the coordination model link. Coordination models can be inserted using origin to origin or shared coordinate positioning. Coordination models support Absolute and Relative path types and provide an excellent means to visually coordinate with outside teams who provide files that are not in native Revit format.
Now let’s take a look at the new and enhanced features for structural engineers:
- New steel connection types: In the Revit 2018 the steel connection modeling portion has been extended and there is now a large number of new connection types. The Steel Connections for Revit add-in has over 100 new connections for steel detailing and there are two new categories: Miscellaneous and Purlins & Cold rolled. All of the six existing categories like column-beam or tube connections are heavily extended. For example, there are 21 different connections for tubes/pipes available and 18 different bracing connections.
- Enhanced interoperability between Revit and Advance Steel: Interoperability is also one of the key focus topics. So with the 2018 release, the ability to transfer LOD350 model information from Revit to Autodesk’s Steel Detailing Solution Advance Steel in a bidirectional way has been greatly enhanced. All the new connections can be transferred and can be synchronized between both products to share always up-to-date parameters – not only geometrical, also status information like approval or code check. Furthermore, it is way easier for customers to transfer their own framing steel content into Advance Steel, as the synchronization tool is able to dynamically recognize these standard sections.
With so many new and enhanced features for MEP design and fabrication and platform tools for architects and structural engineers alike, you can see there is a plethora of new functionality in Revit 2018 with new tools and capabilities to help you more accurately design, coordinate and fabricate your models.
For more information and to get your latest version contact us here!