BIM or Building Information Modelling or most currently known as the Autodesk Construction Cloud is a process of multiple workflows implemented, enabled by the relevant software, to create and manage your data.Learn more
Unable to Intialise ADLM: Internal Error Message: Error Code: <-104>
When you launch an Autodesk product, the following error message is displayed:
- Delete the .data file and allow the software to Auto-Activate.
- You may need to manually activate the software.
- Start the product from the shortcut on the Desktop, not from some data files of the product.
- If the above doesn’t help, rename “C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macrovision Shared” folder and reinstall your Autodesk software.Note: This error could also be caused when LMU.exe is not running. You can start LMU.exe manually by double-clicking the file in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\AdLM\ and then the version-specific R folder (e.g. R11). You may also need to run C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macrovision Shared\FlexNet Publisher\FNPLicenseingService64.exe file so that FlexNet Licensing Service 64 was started.
In addition to this, make sure to rename the folders ADUT as ADUT2 in
Also make sure that the service FlexNet Licensing Service 64 is set to Automatic by following these steps:
- Type services.msc in command prompt
- In the list, look for FlexNet Licensing Service 64
- Right click on it
- In Startup Type, select Automatic
- Click Apply and OK
- Then Right click again and select Restart
If none of the steps above are helpful, perform a clean uninstall and reinstall the software.