BIM or Building Information Modelling or most currently known as the Autodesk Construction Cloud is a process of multiple workflows implemented, enabled by the relevant software, to create and manage your data.Learn more
Reintroduction of an Education Watermark for Autocad 2019 Products
Autodesk have announced that they are to re-introduce the Education Watermark for AutoCAD 2019 and AutoCAD 2019-Based Products Licensed by Students and Educators.
Autodesk AutoCAD 2019 and Autodesk AutoCAD 2019-vertical products licensed by students, educators and mentors or competitors in an Autodesk sponsored design competition through the Autodesk Education Community will produce an education watermark. This change does not apply to multi-user or network software deployed by educational institutions.
The following products will contain the watermark:
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Autodesk AutoCAD Architecture
- Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical
- Autodesk AutoCAD for Mac
- Autodesk AutoCAD LT
- Autodesk AutoCAD LT for Mac
- Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D
- Autodesk AutoCAD Mechanical
- Autodesk AutoCAD MEP
- Autodesk AutoCAD Plant 3D
The education watermark will support the legitimate use of Autodesk free education licenses and help ensure students and educators continue to access the same full-product functionality as industry professionals worldwide.
This change applies to all education licences issued to students and educators for AutoCAD 2019 and AutoCAD 2019 vertical products in all languages.
The watermark will be displayed when plotting, or doing a plot preview of a drawing that was created using AutoCAD 2019 and/or AutoCAD 2019 vertical products licensed by students and educators through the Autodesk Education Community.
When plotting or doing a plot preview of a drawing created using AutoCAD 2019 or an AutoCAD 2019 vertical product, users will see a watermark.
Please Note: AutoCAD and AutoCAD vertical product releases 2016, 2017, and 2018 available through the Autodesk Education Community do not produce a watermark.
When using a version of AutoCAD 2019 that displays an education watermark to open a drawing that was created using a commercial license of AutoCAD, a task dialog is displayed.
When using a commercial license of AutoCAD to open a drawing that was created using a version AutoCAD 2019 that displays the education watermark, a task dialog is displayed.
Who is eligible to license and access the software through the Autodesk Education Community?
Those who are eligible for free access are:
- Students and educators who need the software for individual, personal use associated with education. Participants must study or be employed at a “Qualified Educational Institution” and may only use these licenses on a personal device for purposes directly related to learning, teaching, training, research, or development.
- Educational institutions that need multi-user licensing for classroom or lab deployments to be used as part of their instruction to students. A “qualified educational institution” is an educational institution that has been accredited by an authorized governmental agency within its Last updated: 14 March 2018 applicable local, state, provincial, federal, or national government and has the primary purpose of teaching its enrolled students. This includes middle schools, high schools, and higher education institutions.
- Autodesk-sponsored competition mentor or competitor. An Autodesk sponsored design competition mentor is an individual who provides guidance, advice, coaching, or instruction to competitors engaged in competing in an Autodesk-sponsored design competition.
If you have any further questions regards what we have outlined above or wish to speak with a software specialist, contact us by clicking here!