BIM or Building Information Modelling or most currently known as the Autodesk Construction Cloud is a process of multiple workflows implemented, enabled by the relevant software, to create and manage your data.Learn more
“Licensing system error” when launching Revit 2017
Licensing System Error 1
- LGS.data file is missing from the CLM folder
- Trusted Storage files are corrupted
- LMU.exe fails to start (results with variation error “License System Error 1 5”)
- User does not have read/write permission to the folder C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\
Try right-clicking the Revit icon and choose run as administrator. If it still does not open try solutions 1 through 3. If it does open successfully permissions could be an issue – proceed to Solution #4.
Create the folder structure in your CLM folder as following and put attached LGS.data file under the folder 829I1_2017.0.0.F:
If the problem still persist, then please remove the adskflex_xxx_tsf.data from folder: C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet, then go through the reactivation process.
You may need to set LMU.exe compatibility to Windows 7 mode and run is as administrator.
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\AdLM\R12\ LMU.exe
Grant the user (or EVERYONE) full read/write access to the following folder:
Go to the following location and attempt to rename the ProductInformation.pit file (ProductInformation_bak.pit) – if you receive any notification that you need admin right then permissions is an issue, which could have prevented Windows Installer to place Revit 2017 relevant entry in C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Adlm\ProductInformation.pit.
Please try reinstalling Revit 2017 as follows:
1. Uninstall Revit 2017 from Control Panel or Autodesk Uninstall tool
2. Move C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Adlm\ProductInformation.pit file to another folder (you would need this file for other Autodesk software to work on your system, which were installed before you installed Revit 2017).
3. Install Revit 2017
Note: Revit 2017 installation will create a new copy of C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Adlm\ProductInformation.pit file which will have Revit only entries, so after verifying that Revit 2017 is working fine, then you would need to reinstall all other Autodesk software on your system as follows:
1. Move C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Adlm\ProductInformation.pit file created by Revit 2017 installer to another folder (e.g. Revit_2017_pit_file)
2. Restore original C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Adlm\ProductInformation.pit file you backed up before installing Revit 2017.
3. Uninstall all Autodesk software, but Revit 2017
4. Restore C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Adlm\ProductInformation.pit file from Revit 2017 install
5. Install your other Autodesk software