BIM or Building Information Modelling or most currently known as the Autodesk Construction Cloud is a process of multiple workflows implemented, enabled by the relevant software, to create and manage your data.Learn more
Installing and Uninstalling Autodesk Solutions
Installing a Free Trial
Trial versions of Autodesk software have limited term licenses that allow you to run the full software version for a set number of days (varies by product). At the end of the trial period, you can purchase a software license and activate the software you’re already using without the need to download or install additional software.
You may also need to uninstall the Product. Instruction for this is also available at the bottom of this post.
Read more for a full step by step guide.
Downloading and Installing a Free Trial
- Visit autodesk.com/free-trials and click the link to the software you’d like to try out.
- Select the software version and platform if more than one is available and click the Download Trial button. Note for IE 10 users: You must check the box next to TLS 1.2 in your browser Security settings at Tools > Internet Options > Advanced > Settings > Security.
- Check the boxes to accept the license agreement and privacy notice, then click the Continue button to start downloading the software installation file.
- Respond to any browser dialog boxes to allow the file download. Run the installation file automatically after download if offered.
- Requirements for installation: You must be online when you launch the downloaded installation file and allow Autodesk Install Now to access the Internet.
- Locating the installation file: Installation files are saved to your Web browser’s default download location. This is typically System > User > Downloads and may be accessible through your Web browser.
- Identifying valid installation files: You may have several installation files in your Downloads directory that look similar. You must launch the file with the naming conventionproduct_version_language_operatingsystem_Setup_webinstall.exe to complete installation successfully. Launch the installation file after the download is complete to start the installation process. Installing on a Windows System The installation file you download is an Install Now application that will manage the download and installation process and not a complete Autodesk software installation file. When you launch the file, it starts the Autodesk Install Now process, which downloads additional files and extracts and installs the software simultaneously.
Installing on Mac OS
- Follow the on-screen installation instructions for installation.
- Launch your software after installation from the icon automatically placed on your desktop or from the Autodesk directory on your computer. (Windows: c:/Program Files/Autodesk Mac: Applications > Autodesk)
- Sign in with your Autodesk Account information to register your trial on the trial welcome screen. If you don’t have an Autodesk Account, click the “Need an Autodesk ID?” link and create an account.
- Click the Continue Trial button to start your software.
Converting a Trial to a Paid License
Trial versions of Autodesk software follow the same activation process as software downloaded immediately after purchase.
To purchase a license and activate Autodesk software:
- Launch your trial software and click the Buy Now button on the trial screen.
- Complete your purchase in the Autodesk Store. Enter the same Autodesk ID/e-mail address and password combination you used to sign into your trial when prompted during the purchase process. Note: Some products, such as Maya LT, offer in-product purchase, which allows you to complete the purchase process within the software without visiting the Autodesk Store.
- Visit accounts.autodesk.com and sign in after you receive the fulfilment email message from Autodesk that verifies your software and registration information is available in your Autodesk Account.
- Click on Management to view your list of Products & Services.
- Locate the software you wish to activate in the list of Products & Services. Click the arrow next to the product name to expand the product details tray, where your activation information will be displayed.
- Copy the Serial Number and Product Key for your software. Note: Some products are activated by signing in with your Autodesk ID and will not require a serial number. Follow the instructions in Autodesk Account for activation if no serial number is displayed.
- Return to your trial software and click the “Enter Serial Number” link on the trial welcome screen. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete activation.
After installation, how can I change product configuration, repair, or uninstall the product?
To uninstall several products or an entire suite, launch the Autodesk Uninstall Tool from the list of products on your computer:
Access to the list varies by version of Windows:
- Windows 7 or XP: Click Start menu > All Programs.
- Windows 8: Right-click Start screen > All Apps.
In the tool window, select the products to be uninstalled. If uninstalling one of your selected products would prevent another product from operating correctly, you will see a warning message about also uninstalling the related products. The Uninstall Tool does not uninstall service packs or locally installed Help files.
Some uninstall operations are best done for individual products rather than from the Uninstall Tool. An example is uninstalling a product without removing the related language packs. Product-specific operations are explained in the following procedure.
- Go to the Windows control panel:
- Windows XP: Click Start menu Settings Control Panel Add or Remove Programs.
- Windows 7: click Start menu Control Panel Programs/Uninstall a Program.
- Windows 8: right-click Start screen > All Apps > Control Panel.
- In Windows control panel, click the product name, and then click Uninstall/Change (Windows 7 or 8) or Change/Remove (Windows XP).The Installer opens in maintenance mode, and directs you through the process