BIM or Building Information Modelling or most currently known as the Autodesk Construction Cloud is a process of multiple workflows implemented, enabled by the relevant software, to create and manage your data.Learn more
Failed to Acquire a License
When attempting to log on to an Autodesk Vault server from a client workstation, you receive an error message.
There are 2 Methods to Resolve this issue:
1. Disable IPv6 on the system running the FLEXnet License Manager software. For detailed instructions,
refer to the following Microsoft Knowledgebase article:
2. Use the IPv4 IP address of the FLEXnet server in the LICPATH.LIC file:
- Open Windows Explorer on the computer where you have installed the Autodesk Vault Server.
- Navigate to the <install path>AutodeskADMS edition 2010 directory.
- Using Microsoft Notepad, open the licpath.lic file.
- On the first line, replace the server name with the IPv4 address of the FLEXnet server.
- Save the file and close it.
The above will only work for you network connection adapter to completely disable IPV6 protocol from your server or PC
You can do the following :
- Click Start, type regedit in the Search programs and files box, and then press ENTER.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
- Double-click the DisabledComponents registry entry, and then type 0 in the Value data box.Note If the DisabledComponents registry entry is not present, you must create it. To do this, point to New on theEdit menu, click DWORD Value, type DisabledComponents, and then press ENTER.
- Exit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.
I would advise to Backup your registry before you modify values or create new keys
If you need any further assistance please don’t hesitate to contact us.