BIM or Building Information Modelling or most currently known as the Autodesk Construction Cloud is a process of multiple workflows implemented, enabled by the relevant software, to create and manage your data.Learn more
Error: “AutoCAD Application has stopped working” when launching AutoCAD
When starting AutoCAD, before it finishes loading, the program crashes with the following error:
“AutoCAD Application has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.”
To solve this issue do one or more of the following:
- Confirm that you are running certified hardware
- Find Recommended Hardware
- Find AutoCAD Recommended Hardware
- Install the AutoCAD updates from your Autodesk Account, your Autodesk Desktop App or from the Autodesk Downloads page
- If using IE 10, update Internet Explorer to IE 11.
- This crash has also been known to happen with certain versions of the HP Designjet 500 driver on Windows 7 and was corrected by updating to the latest version of the driver.
- Reinstall Visual C++.
- Reinstall the .NET Framework.
- Reinstall your Autodesk Product.
- If the above steps do not help it may be necessary to create a new Windows profile to resolve the issue.
If you need any further information or assistance, do not hesitate to contact our Technical Support Team HERE