You want to change the speed at which your mouse wheel zooms in Inventor™.
To change the zoom speed of the mouse wheel:
- Exit Inventor.
- Click Start menu (Windows).
- In the Run dialog box, enter regedit
- In the Registry Editor, browse to the following key:HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareAutodeskInventorRegistryVersion12.0SystemPreferencesDisplay
- Right-click the Wheel Zoom Speed key. Click Modify.
- Enter a new value in decimal format, using a period (.) as the decimal separator. The following are some example values:
- 0.1 for very slow scroll zooming speed
- 1 for normal zooming speed
- 3 or greater for faster zooming speed
- Close the Registry Editor.
- Restart Inventor.
Warning! Problems caused by improperly editing the Windows registry could render your computer operating system unusable. Microsoft provides a wealth of critical information that you need to know about the registry in the Microsoft Knowledge Base.
Use the Microsoft® Registry Editor only at your own risk and only after backing up the registry as well as the system.dat and user.dat files as outlined for your operating system in the Microsoft Knowledge Base and in the related Autodesk solution, TS66513. Additional information about the registry is also contained in the Help topics in the Microsoft Registry Editor.