BIM or Building Information Modelling or most currently known as the Autodesk Construction Cloud is a process of multiple workflows implemented, enabled by the relevant software, to create and manage your data.Learn more
Autodesk Inventor 2022 – What’s New!
Autodesk Inventor software provides professional-grade engineering solutions for 3D mechanical design, simulation, tool creation, and design communication that help you to make great products, cost-effectively, in less time. With Inventor software, engineers can integrate 2D and 3D data into a single design environment, creating a virtual representation of the final product that enables them to validate the form, fit, and function before it’s built.
Design Automation Technology
The path to design innovation requires quality time. Give yourself more time by reducing repetitive tasks with the automation tools included with Inventor. Parametric modelling and specialized tools for sheet metal, weld frame design, and a robust library of standard components and engineering calculators will help you to focus on the most important aspects of your role as an engineer. Build rules and forms using iLogic technology to quickly configure new designs from existing projects.
Integrated 2D and 3D design
With Inventor, you can easily integrate AutoCAD and 3D data into a single digital model to create a virtual representation of the final product. Inventor helps you realize the benefits of 3D product development by providing an associative link to native DWG files that ensures accuracy in your design. Utilizing valuable DWG data with Inventor can help you compete more effectively, service your clients better, and make great products.
Participate in BIM projects
The ability to read and author BIM data gives you a competitive advantage that enables you to participate in BIM projects. The Inventor BIM content environment includes an associative connection between your native Revit family data and your engineering model. The quality of your BIM ready content will help you collaborate with architects and increase your opportunity to get spec’d into their projects.
Improve design collaboration and communication
Inventor is tightly integrated with Autodesk Vault, enabling the efficient and secure exchange of design data and promoting early collaboration between design and manufacturing workgroups. AnyCAD technology enables collaboration in a multi-CAD environment by providing an associative connection with STEP, CATIA, SolidWorks, Siemens NX, Solid Edge, PTC Creo, PTC Wildfire, Autodesk Alias, and AutoCAD 2D directly to Inventor without file translation.
Clearly convey design intent to manufacturing
There is a growing demand for engineering organizations to get design data to manufacturing more efficiently. Inventor provides model-based definition for adding all necessary fabrication instruction information directly to the 3D model. This eliminates the need for a traditional 2D drawing used by CNC programmers for tolerances and surface finish on the design.
Model States is a powerful new workflow that enables you to create multiple representations of a part or assembly within a single document to provide a convenient way to engineer, manage, and manufacture your designs with different dimensions and parameters, components, properties, or simplification. Because variations exist in one file, there is no need to worry about breaking associations between files.
Model states can be used for the following:
- Machining operations from the casted model to the final part
- Sheet metal stages for multiple bend operations
- Weldments for weld preparation and other machining operations
- Product families that have different values for dimensions or features that are shown or suppressed
- Alternative assembly positions to quickly switch between them visually or used for drawing views
- Level of completion for each stage as your design gets assembled
- Simplification levels for removing intellectual property or high levels of detail before export
- iProperty information
- The new Simplify command replaces both the Shrinkwrap and Shrinkwrap Substitute commands. With Simplify you remove components and features from complex assemblies to make collaboration and downstream use easier.
- Export to RVT incorporates the new Simplify command to produce an RVT model having only the components and features needed for the Revit A Revit Exports browser folder is placed in the Inventor model browser. It is populated with a node for the exported model. As long as the model is maintained in the specified path, you can edit, preview, open in Revit or an associated application, or update the RVT model.
- For anyone who hasn’t heard of Fusion 360, it is the next generation design and manufacturing platform for Autodesk. Fusion has a cloud enabled data management system called Fusion team. With Inventor 2022, Autodesk have made it easier to share data with Fusion 360 with a new workflow called ‘Send to Fusion’, which will automatically connect Inventor to your Fusion Team account, upload your part file to Fusion Team, and open your part file in Fusion 360. There’s no need to export your file out of Inventor and then upload and import it into Fusion. With ‘Send to Fusion’ you can continue to update your part file in Inventor, and when you are ready, you can ‘Send to Fusion’ again and your Inventor part file will update inside Fusion. Any tool paths or supporting geometry that you’ve added in Fusion will also update. In Fusion, you can make edits to your model geometry without changing the part in Inventor, this ideal when you need to prepare a part for CNC machining, 3D printing, or generative design.
- In drawings, you can now change the look of your shaded views by changing the lighting style in your model. To do this, just pick the light style in the model that you’d like to see in your drawing, and when you jump back, your drawing shaded view will update to show the new lighting style. There are new drawing view options available to repurpose the camera views and 3D annotations created in the 3D model. Centerlines and center marks with extended lines now break when intersecting with dimensions. This makes it easier to read the dimension value.
- There is a new installer and online deployment builder that will help get everyone on your team up and running on the latest release in less time.
10 reasons to choose Inventor
Rules-based technology and automation tools to accelerate design.
- Open and connected workflow for non-native Inventor data.
- Flexible modelling tools include parametric and free form.
- Large assembly and drawing performance.
- Automated tools for sheet metal and weld frame design.
- Advanced visualization, illustration, and animation tools
- Automated and associative bill of materials
- Robust motion simulation and stress analysis tools
- Design tools for routing rigid pipes, bent tubes, and flexible hoses
- Provide fabrication information directly to your 3D model.