Symetri are delighted to be hosting this year’s annual Manufacturing event, “Transform the Future of Manufacturing” as a hybrid event in Limerick’s iconic Thomond Park and online. This year’s event will be hosted by Symetri’s Technical Manager, Ray O’Mahony and will explore future trends, disruption in the industry, ways to lead a more sustainable future, and ways to enhance current workflows to work smarter.Learn more
Procad has become Symetri
In June 2021, Procad was acquired by Symetri. Part of the Addnode Group, Symetri is one of Europe’s leading providers of digital BIM, product design and lifecycle solutions.
Procad has become Symetri, operating as one company since the beginning of July 2022. Please rest assured its business as usual for us and your service experience will not be impacted.
AutoCAD: The License Manager is not functioning?
When attempting to launch any AutoCAD 2017/2018 family product (AutoCAD, AutoCAD LT, AutoCAD MEP, etc.), the application opens to the drawing editor and displays the following “License Error” message:
License manager is not functioning
The License manager is not functioning or is improperly installed. AutoCAD will shut down now.
Possible causes include:
- The FLEXnet Licensing Service is stopped and/or disabled.
- The LGS.data file is corrupt or failed to install.
- Redirection of HTTP traffic caused by malware.
For 2017 Versions
- Verify that FlexNet Licensing Service 64 is not disabled in Windows Services console. If it is not running and/or disabled, set its startup type to ‘Automatic’ and then start the service.*
- Right-click on the AutoCAD Icon, choose, ‘Run as Administrator’, and see if it runs correctly.
- Using Windows Explorer, browse to the following folder: C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\CLM\LGS\<Product_Key>_2017.0.0.F.
- If the folder does not exist, create it.
*To open Windows Services, press the Windows & R key to open the run window, then enter ‘services.msc’ into the open box and this will open the Services Manager.
- Delete the LGS.data file, if it exists.
- Using Notepad (or preferred text editor) create a new text file called LGS.data.
- Add the following text to the text file:
_STANDALONE (or _NETWORK if the product uses a network license). The text must be all capital letters.User-added image
- Save the file to the following folder:
- Launch AutoCAD.
If the above solutions do not work, please try the following solution:
- Disable your Antivirus Software.
- Create a new activation file via the following steps:
- Remove all files under: C:\Users<username>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\ADUT.
- You may need to show hidden files and folders if you cannot see the AppData folder.
- Under C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ADUT, delete the ProdInd_UserInd.cur file.
- Go to C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet and delete any files that start with adskflex.
- Run your Autodesk product and try activating.
* This problem can occur if malware is installed and redirecting http traffic. Perform a system scan with your Antivirus\malware removal tool. Check browser add-ons.
For 2018 Versions
Understanding your software portfolio is essential for you to effectively manage it. It can bring enormous benefits and help you avoid any non-conformities. Within this blog post, I look at some questions I get asked quite frequently about Symetri’s software monitoring tool, CQFlexMon.Learn more
Design in Manufacturing - Autodesk Fusion 360 and Autodesk Inventor Complementary Benefits | Combined Design Excellence
Both Inventor and Fusion have benefits for using either product, I would look at Inventor as a Software Product to carry out certain tasks, while I would look at Fusion 360 as a Platform that has many functions that ties the whole design process into one seamless package.Learn more