BIM or Building Information Modelling or most currently known as the Autodesk Construction Cloud is a process of multiple workflows implemented, enabled by the relevant software, to create and manage your data.Learn more
AutoCAD: The License Manager is not functioning?
When attempting to launch any AutoCAD 2017/2018 family product (AutoCAD, AutoCAD LT, AutoCAD MEP, etc.), the application opens to the drawing editor and displays the following “License Error” message:
License manager is not functioning
The License manager is not functioning or is improperly installed. AutoCAD will shut down now.
Possible causes include:
- The FLEXnet Licensing Service is stopped and/or disabled.
- The LGS.data file is corrupt or failed to install.
- Redirection of HTTP traffic caused by malware.
For 2017 Versions
- Verify that FlexNet Licensing Service 64 is not disabled in Windows Services console. If it is not running and/or disabled, set its startup type to ‘Automatic’ and then start the service.*
- Right-click on the AutoCAD Icon, choose, ‘Run as Administrator’, and see if it runs correctly.
- Using Windows Explorer, browse to the following folder: C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\CLM\LGS\<Product_Key>_2017.0.0.F.
- If the folder does not exist, create it.
*To open Windows Services, press the Windows & R key to open the run window, then enter ‘services.msc’ into the open box and this will open the Services Manager.
- Delete the LGS.data file, if it exists.
- Using Notepad (or preferred text editor) create a new text file called LGS.data.
- Add the following text to the text file:
_STANDALONE (or _NETWORK if the product uses a network license). The text must be all capital letters.User-added image
- Save the file to the following folder:
- Launch AutoCAD.
If the above solutions do not work, please try the following solution:
- Disable your Antivirus Software.
- Create a new activation file via the following steps:
- Remove all files under: C:\Users<username>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\ADUT.
- You may need to show hidden files and folders if you cannot see the AppData folder.
- Under C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ADUT, delete the ProdInd_UserInd.cur file.
- Go to C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet and delete any files that start with adskflex.
- Run your Autodesk product and try activating.
* This problem can occur if malware is installed and redirecting http traffic. Perform a system scan with your Antivirus\malware removal tool. Check browser add-ons.
For 2018 Versions