BIM or Building Information Modelling or most currently known as the Autodesk Construction Cloud is a process of multiple workflows implemented, enabled by the relevant software, to create and manage your data.Learn more
AutoCAD: Issues & Errors Solved
We’ve noticed that there have been a few issues and errors reported about AutoCAD 2018 products, so we’ve outlined below what we’ve come across.
Issue: When accessing the Options dialog in an AutoCAD product, a message appears stating, “Please enter a number from 0.00 to 10.00”.
Causes: Settings were migrated from a version prior to 2018, in which the delay time (in seconds) for the display of extended tooltips was set to a value higher than 10. In version 2018 and newer, that time can be set no higher than 10.
If the tooltips setting is enabled, change the value to 10 or less. If the tooltip setting is unchecked, the field for the second value will be unavailable. If that is the case, do the following:
- At the Command line, enter TOOLTIPS and press <ENTER>.
- Enter a value of 1 (one) and press <ENTER>.
- Go into the Options dialog > Display tab.
- Click to put a check into the box for ‘Show extended tooltips’.
- Click into the field for the amount of seconds to delay.
- Click OK to dismiss the message about needing a value from 0.00 to 10.00.
- Change the amount of seconds to 10 or less.
- Click OK to both apply the change and exit the Options dialog.
Note that you can disable the tooltip display again (if desired) once you’ve set the time to 10 seconds or less.
Issue: Autodesk software does not launch after installing the Windows 10 Creators Update. The software launched and functioned properly until the update.
- Affected products may include: AutoCAD, Revit, 3dsMax, Maya.
- Multiple versions may be affected: 2016, 2017, 2018.
Issue: When you launch AutoCAD or AutoCAD LT 2018 or any vertical product (AutoCAD MEP, AutoCAD Civil 3D, etc.), the application opens and a “License Error” message is displayed:
Solution: Perform a Clean Uninstall and then reinstall the software.
- Note: The uninstall process will affect other Autodesk products already installed on your computer. Make backups and get installation files (from Autodesk Account) before uninstalling.
The software DMX workshop (v7.8) have been reported to cause also this issue when AutoCAD 2018 is installed from the Autodesk Desktop App. In this case, AutoCAD 2018 will install but the license service will fail producing the License Error shown above.
To solve this, uninstall DMX workshop 7.8 from the system, then run the AutoCAD 2018 installation again.
Issue: You installed AutoCAD 2018 successfully and when opening the program in trial mode, you receive licensing error.
Solution: To resolve the issue: Open C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\CLM\LGS\001J1_2017.0.0.F\ LGS.data file and change its content from _USER to _STANDALONE
Note: if you do not have LGS.data file please create it in Notepad with the above-mentioned content.
We hope some of the solutions to the reported issues we’ve outlined above assist you with any problems you’re having with your AutoCAD Product.
To run a free trial version of AutoCAD , Contact Us!