When you are trying to activate your 2018 product by clicking on “Enter a Serial Number” the product crashes but if you click “Sign in” or “Network license” it will proceed.
This is because of LMU.exe corrupted, proceed to (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\AdLM\R14), try execute LMU.exe
1. Rename that folder from “R14” to “R14old”.
2. Download a new R14 folder from below attachment.
3. Extract that to same path C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\AdLM
4. Open the new R14 folder and execute LMU.exe, run Task manager to confirm LMU.exe is showing in process.
5. Make sure the product’s LGS data exist in C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\CLM\LGS\ , refer to one of our most recent blogs, AutoCAD: The License Manager is not Functioning?
6. Start-up the product and you should able to proceed activation after click “Enter a serial number”
For more information on any of what we outlined above don’t hesitate to contact our Technical Support Team by clicking HERE