BIM or Building Information Modelling or most currently known as the Autodesk Construction Cloud is a process of multiple workflows implemented, enabled by the relevant software, to create and manage your data.Learn more
AutoCAD 2018.1 – Product Shuts down When using DXL File With XREF
This issue occurs only if you have installed the AutoCAD 2018.1 Update.
Later versions should not be affected.
- Verify that the 2018.1 Update is installed. The About dialog box will display this version as 2018.1 – O.107.0.0.
If you do not have Update 2018.1, do not install this hotfix.
- Close your AutoCAD-based product.
- Navigate to the product folder. For example: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2018
(Substitute the applicable product name.)
- In this folder, rename the acdb22.dll file to acdb_old.dll.
- Unzip the attachment in this article and copy the correct file to the location where you just renamed the acdb22.dll file:
Copy file in this folder For this product on this OS ACAD X64 AutoCAD and AutoCAD-based product* 64-bit ACAD X32 AutoCAD and AutoCAD-based product* 32-bit ACADLT X64 AutoCAD LT 64-bit ACADLT X32 AutoCAD LT 32-bit
*Does not include AutoCAD LT
- When you restart your product, you should be able to open DXF files with xrefs.
To remove this hotfix:
- Delete the copied file.
- Rename acdb22_old.dll file to remove the “_old.”
For more information on AutoCAD updates and hotfix updates don’t hesitate to contact us!