Business Development Manager - Construction
We are looking for a passionate business development manager, capable of working with the team to generate significant additional revenue opportunities for the construction business unit.
- Symetri is a leading professional services consultancy, certified training services provider, software developer / reseller and technology integration & solutions business.
- These services and technology solutions are focused on transforming construction and manufacturing processes and will be adopted by a wide range of organisations with a requirement to build and manufacture e.g. data centres, Govt, healthcare, education, energy as well as those traditionally focused in the AEC & Manufacturing space.
- The Construction industry is currently transforming through the adoption of digital tools and techniques, Symetri is playing a central role in supporting this evolution.
- In order to meet this growing demand, the Symetri Construction division has been set up with the objective ‘to deliver world class technology solutions and services which increase the capability and capacity of all those involved in construction’.
- Our focus is understanding customer values; we pride ourselves on our ability to understand a customer’s ultimate need and work closely with them to deliver value adding services that meet or exceed expectation.
- Symetri are the UK and Europe’s leading Autodesk partner in Construction.
- Symetri has 4 Cornerstones – areas in which investment is focused – providing leading edge technologies and services, attracting and delivering expertise, becoming a trusted partner and challenging ourselves and all those we work with to work smarter.
- Symetri have 4 key values: Passion, Courage, Teamwork & Change. These values have been developed in partnership with employees to ensure they embody the Symetri way.
- As well as great customer partnerships, Symetri has a track record of developing close working relationships with its people, many of whom have been with us for twenty or more years. The goal is to ensure that its people are included in decisions that affect the direction of the company, we are able to take ownership of our responsibilities and future and feel valued and respected.
- Symetri continually strives to develop its people, this is made possible through staff feedback forums, 1-1 meetings, strong line management and regular debate to improve career development, staff conditions and the environment in which we all work.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- We are looking for a passionate business development manager, capable of working with the team to generate significant additional revenue opportunities for the construction business unit.
- It will be necessary to work with both the marketing department and our strategic accounts team, to scope, create and run campaigns to drive additional business.
- There will also be a requirement to work closely with the renewals team to drive business from and ensure the retention of our non-strategic customer base.
- Working in partnership with Sales Management to develop quarterly and annual plans to cultivate new business opportunities.
- Understand and profile the target market
- Support and contribute to Construction webinars, website, blogs, content creation and events
- Manage and utilise prospecting tools, share best practice with the rest of the team.
- Manage your own pipeline, highlight key deals, and produce close plans.
- Achieve and exceed KPIs – lead generation/renewals/additional revenue generation.
- Engage with target audiences through social media to raise awareness of Symetri offerings.
- Manage client relationships in a polite and professional manager.
- Constantly seek to add value to our clients.
- Successful candidates should be driven self-starters, hungry to smash target and develop their selling skills. The construction team is growing, so the sky is the limit, work hard and you will win big.
- Must have the right to work in the UK as these roles are UK based.
Knowledge and experience:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in sales, ideally within a B2B technology business.
- Experience using CRM/pipeline management tools preferable.
- Should be able to demonstrate how they have added value to customers previously.
- Pro-active self-starter, passionate about winning.
- Must be computer literate and have a good understanding of MS Windows and MS office.
- Understanding of the Construction industry desirable but not essential.
Qualifications and skills:
- Minimum GCSE Maths and English (A-C Pass, or 9-4 Pass)
- Degree level education preferable
- Happy to fail to learn.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to build relationships and influence a range of stakeholders.
- Good organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- A driving licence is essential for this role and a willingness to travel to meet customers, go to events, conferences and off-site meetings.
- Flexibility to work irregular hours when workload demands.