At Symetri we create and provide technology solutions and services for design, engineering, construction and manufacturing businesses. We empower people to work smarter for a better future by ensuring they have access to the expertise and technology they need to improve their performance and sustainability.
We develop and distribute our own solutions and are one of the world’s top resellers of Autodesk software with over 250K users across Northern Europe and the US. We value passion, teamwork, courage and the drive to create change above all else.
Supported by a global team of 800 colleagues, you can expect on-going technical coaching and regular support. Training on Autodesk design products and own technology will be provided as part of your personal and professional development. Career progression is encouraged with several goals and objectives to work towards. The role includes opportunities to travel both nationally and internationally.
As BIM Technician your tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Understanding a project brief, client requirements, design strategies and technical requirements of a project
- Contributing to the design process and coordinating design information
- Being knowledgeable on all aspects of Building Regulations and associated Technical Guidance, and other relevant standards to achieve compliance
- Demonstrating a strong work ethic and commitment, with focused effort to meet project timelines.
- Managing the quality of all project BIM content such as BIM models, 2D & 3D drawings,
- Supporting for the project manager in preparations and delivery of project presentations, proposal materials and business development activities
To be successful in this position it is desirable if you meet the following requirements:
- Degree in Architectural, Engineering, or related industry required
- Minimum 2 years' cross-discipline experience in AEC, BIM, and digital technologies
- Understanding of project processes, workflows, contractual obligations, and responsibilities between various members of the design team
- Experience with Autodesk design products/BIM cloud solutions an advantage
- Ability to work within a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Flexibility to travel nationally and internationally
- Understanding of ISO19650 processes and legislation with project experience
- A valid driver's license and access to a vehicle may be required due to the travel requirements of this role
We expect our employees to actively manage their own success. That means asking questions, sharing and expanding knowledge, interests and ideas and contributing to a constructive and kind work environment.
EXPERIENCE & MERITS:
This role will require strong customer engagement and experience, with high demands on oral and written communication skills in fluent English. You’ll need excellent organisational and time management skills to set goals and meet project deadlines.
You will need the ability to work independently and be resourceful and contribute to an open and collaborative, dynamic team environment.
You will be based in Limerick, Ireland. This role is on a hybrid-working basis. You will be expected to be present in the office a minimum of 2 days per week and potentially from the client offices. Your salary is set according to industry standards. Benefits include
- Company events
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Private medical insurance
- Sick pay
- Finish at 4pm on Friday
Once applications are reviewed, we will be calling people for first round interviews via Microsoft Teams, successful candidates from the first round will be called for in person interviews. Please send CVs to email@example.com